Monday, February 25, 2008
Time Management 101
Just say no. I am so overwhelmed by piles of papers, projects, ideas, to do lists, and requests that I'm not sure I'll make it four weeks until spring break. I feel bad about the things that are sliding by because I'm just too tired to "do it all." In ten hours, I'll be standing in front of the Cougars doing historical fiction book talks. . . only I realized that just before I left work. I haven't pulled books or prepped anything. I have to be at the Lynx meeting at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow. I'll work with minimal breaks from 6:45 a.m. until 8:30 p.m. (I have nine conferences scheduled tomorrow evening, plus the Book Fair.) So it's time for me to go to bed, even though I haven't worked on the bag of stuff I brought home and really ought to do. . . and people wonder why teachers rejoice at snow days. Hah! At least I told someone today that "No, I won't be able to do that." Actually, I told two people that! Woohoo! Now I need to try to rest before tomorrow's marathon begins. . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment